Thursday 2 June 2016

Monday Morning.

Lauren, grade 5





It was a Monday morning. The teacher was droning on about something that felt too complicated for me to understand. Luckily I had a secret hoard of food under my desk. I quietly reached for a sweet and popped one in my mouth. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a paper jet. Some kids in my row had started to fly them around the classroom. One soared right past Mrs. Eagley's nose. Luckily she didn't notice. I started to crunch on a packet of chips. Suddenly Mrs Eagley looked up. "WHO IS EATING IN MY CLASS?!" She screamed. Then she looked right at me. "KAREN!" Oh dear.














3 comments:

  1. Who, me?? Never! How funny, Lauren!

    Well done, Lauren. I enjoyed this piece of writing and I enjoyed your use of humour too. Speech should not usually be written in capital letter, but I get that you are implying that the teacher is shouting. Well done.

    Mrs S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such an interesting poem! I feel bad for Karen, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I like how you ended it with "Oh dear".

    ReplyDelete